Need ideas on what projects to work on? This list may give you some inspiration:
- Building a backup infrastructure with AMANDA, Bacula, or some other piece of software
- What backup strategy should I use?
- What sort of backup medium should I use?
- Building a Windows/*nix box
- "What sort of steps would I have to take in order to setup a plain old box with Windows/*nix?"
- How do I set up print/file/whatever service on Windows/*NIX
- How can I automate installation of my Windows/*NIX machines?
- How do we effectively make room in our budget for building what we want to build?
- How can I make my case to management effectively?
- Writing computing policies and agreements
- What do I have to take into account before writing a usage policy / SLA's?
- What kind of language do I use when writing these policies?
- Negotiating in favor of a technology, position, etc
- How do I convince everyone to take a look at my solution?
- How do I get everyone on board with a particular position?
Back to the LOPSA Mentorship Program
- Writing a (technical/scientific) paper/book that will be published.
- How do I start? Are my findings correct?