The organizers of the LOPSA-East Professional IT Community Conference invite you to submit proposals for presentations at LOPSA-EAST ’16.
LOPSA-EAST ’16 aims to bring together IT professionals from all walks of life in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond to share war stories, learn for each other’s experiences, and network with industry peers. The conference includes acclaimed speakers and keynotes, expert-lead training designed to build the skillsets and confidence of attendees, lightning talks, and a “Birds of a Feather” track where attendees propose and host their own topics during the event.
Attendance for this year’s conference is expected to be between 200 and 250 IT professionals from companies large and small, local government, and academia. Our attendees are primarily from the Mid-Atlantic region including New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC. As IT professionals we go by many titles but everyone is invited: system administrators, network administrators, network engineers, Windows, Linux, Unix, DBAs, security professionals, technical managers, and beyond.
This year’s conference is going to be focused on developing scalable infrastructures through industry best practices, the implementation of cutting edge technologies, a deeper level understanding of the core concepts that enable our work, and ensuring continued operational efficiencies. LOPSA-EAST is OS-agnostic and welcomes presentations on any operating systems whether it be Windows, Linux, Unix, etc.
All presentations should be focused on issues important to our technical community and speakers should assume that members of the audience have at least some industry experience.
Potential Presentation Topic Ideas
- Cloud Management (public and private)
- Virtualization Strategies
- Backup Strategies and Solutions
- Security Principles and Best Practices
- Configuration Management
- Deep Dive into Technologies Core to our Industry
- Scripting Techniques
- Enterprise Monitoring and Management
- Email Architecture and Implementation
- Technical Leadership
- Network Design
- Log Aggregation
- Engineering Concepts – Thinking like an Engineer
- VoIP Solutions
- Collaboration Techniques
- Designing Highly Available Infrastructures
- Centralized Management Systems
The following will NOT be accepted:
- Sales presentations
- Proposals or vaporware
- Vendor product demonstrations
Previously Accepted Presentations
We are actively seeking proposals for presentations at LOPSA-EAST ’16. We have openings for:
- Talks: A 20-minute presentation (with slides) followed by ten minutes of Q&A
- Tutorials: Instructor-led sessions, half a day in length, with slides and notes (both distributed electronically to all attendees)
- Panels: 45-minute panel discussion (2 – 5 panelists plus a moderator)
- Lightning Talks: A 5-minute talk (hard limit!) with no Q&A in a shared session
Submit your Presentation
Submissions and questions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutorial instructors will receive one free admission, travel expenses, and an honorarium; speakers (for talks), panelists, and panel moderators will receive a registration discount. Lightning Talk presenters receive no discount.
Each presentation is only entitled to a single discount so if there are multiple presenters you will need to determine how you’d like to split this.
Dates and Deadlines
- Deadline for all Submissions – January 13, 2016
- Decisions and Notifications to All Submitters – January 27, 2016
- Schedule Published – February 1, 2016
- Registration Opens – February 15, 2016
- LOPSA-East ’16 Conference – May 6 -7, 2016
Contact and Questions
Please see our website at www.lopsa-east.org/ for more information on LOPSA-East ’16. If you still have additional questions, we can be reached via email@example.com.