LOPSA on IRC
LOPSA and members of the community use irc (Internet Relay Chat) for informal communication and chat.
LOPSA IRC channels
The LOPSA channels are on
#lopsais a combination professional channel and coffee house -- conversation is often freewheeling and ranges on a variety of topics. However, when you ask a technical or professional question, you will get answers!
#lopsa-liveis used for scheduled community discussions with the Board
LOPSA IRC FAQ
How do I join the IRC channel?
- Connect to irc.lopsa.org, and join #lopsa
How do I share "NSFW" ("Not Safe For Work") material?
Please, remember that
#lopsais a professional channel. If you must, prefix URLs with "nsfw://".
- Please, remember that
What is with the
It is tradition on
#lopsathat anyone can change the topic, usually to an announcement or funny quote from someone online (usually out of context). Please remember that this is a professional channel, and the topic should be appropriate for members who use irc at work
- It is tradition on
- What do I do if I can't connect to irc.lopsa.org if all the servers in the round robin are down?
What is lopbot?
- lopbot is an approved bot that provides a variety of functions, including shortening URLs for us, simplifying cutting and pasting from the IRC client.
What is pastiebot?
- pastiebot is an approved pastebot. One can paste info to pastiebot for use in the channel.
- Send pastiebot a private message with just "help" for the URL and commands available.
How does one politely post more than a few lines of information to the IRC channels?
- Put it on a web page and post the URL to the channel. See the question above on pastiebot on how use the channel's approved pastebot.