LOPSA Chapters and Affiliated Local Groups
LOPSA fosters community through local chapters and affiliation with and support for other local groups.
A LOPSA Local Chapter is a local presence and part of LOPSA. Local Chapters carry on the goals and programs of LOPSA at a local level. Its members are LOPSA members, and its elected officers are covered by LOPSA's insurance. Chapters are bound by the LOPSA Bylaws and Chapter minutes, Chapter bylaws and revisions (if applicable), and Chapter affiliations with other groups are forwarded to the LOPSA Board for annual review and approval. A Chapter must have at least SIX current LOPSA members. Provisional chapters (for the first 12 months) must have at least THREE LOPSA members.
LOPSA Local Affiliates
Local affiliates are independent local groups that share similar goals with LOPSA and in some way serve the system administration community and our members in their area. Affiliates are NOT part of LOPSA and will receive support from LOPSA primarly to assist them in providing services to our members and the community. To be an Affiliate, the group must have at least two current LOPSA members.
Established Local Chapters
- Arizona - LOPSA-US-AZ
- Madison - US-WI-MAD
- New Jersey - LOPSA-NJ
- Austin - LOPSA-US-TX-Austin
- New York City - LOPSA-US-NY-NYC, http://www.lopsa-nyc.org/
- Boston - BBLISA
- Seattle - Seattle Area System Administrators Guild
- Baltimore/DC Area - Crabby Admins
- Pittsburgh - System And Network Administrators of Pittsburgh
- East Tennessee - ETENN
- Columbus Ohio - LOPSA-US-OH-Columbus
- Los Angeles - LOPSA-LA
- North Carolina - North Carolina System Administrators
- San Diego California - LOPSA-SD
- Ottawa - Ottawa Valley System Administrators Guild
Other regional system administration groups
- San Francisco Bay Area - BayLISA