I am running for reelection as LOPSA Treasurer. During the past two years, my major accomplishments in this role have been:
- Reinstatement of LOPSA's 501(c)(3) status, which has been revoked due to past delinquencies in IRS filings
- Set up system for timely and transparent management of accounts payable
- Provided detailed bi-weekly reports to LOPSA Board of current bank balances and P&L
- Consolidated bank accounts for easier management of cash flow
- Full participation as LOPSA Board member in online and face-to-face meetings
I have been working in the IT industry for the past 23 years, and have been a system/network administrator for thirteen of those years. I hold graduate degrees in Geology/Geophysics. Current areas of specialization include Windows and Linux server administration, LAN/WAN and wireless networks, cloud (Microsoft Azure and Office 365) administration, and network/host security. Due to working in a medium-size (~260 person) company where I hold a number of roles, I consider myself an IT generalist. This requires ongoing training both to ensure my skills remain current, and to learn new topics as job responsibilities evolve. LOPSA has played a significant role in my career development through professional conferences, trainings, meetings, and networking opportunities with peers. As a LOPSA board member, my commitment would be to expand these opportunities, and ensure that other system administrators recognize LOPSA’s considerable career benefits and become involved with the organization.